We want you to know what to expect when you attend one of our medical billing courses in Chantilly, Virginia, or virtually. Read through our frequently asked questions below for easy answers and call 571-331-8949 if you have any other questions for Dr. Tontra Lowe about our classes at Professional Auxiliary Training.
How do I register for a course?
By navigating to the Seminar Registration tab on the website, you will find access to all courses that are currently available.
What payment methods can I use?
Payments are taken via a secure PayPal channel. You do not need to use PayPal to make a payment, as debit and credit options are available.
What is your refund policy?
You can cancel at any time, but please be aware of the specific processing time disclosures due to the logistics involved in hosting the course: 1) If you cancel 60 days before any course, a full refund is available. 2) Any cancelations between 45-59 days of the course are eligible for a 50% refund. 3) All cancelations after 45 days will not be eligible for a refund, but you may use the credit for a future course. You will have 90 days from the date of the modification to enroll in the alternate course, or you will forfeit any credit.
How do I know when classes are coming up?
The Seminar Registration page will display all available dates for courses. For class dates further in the future, please contact us individually.
Is there a limit on how many team members I can bring?
No there is not, but there is a limit on the number of students for the on-site courses. In order to make sure everyone has the attention they need to succeed, only 18 people max can enroll. Only 12 can attend the virtual course to maximize effectiveness and provide quality training.
Is there anything we need to do in preparation for the course?
Yes! Here is a list of items highly suggested to complete before you attend one of our classes:
- Credential with CAQH as a nonparticipating medical provider for commercial plans. As a dentist, this is done through the ADA® website found here.
- Establish a Facility NPI (Type 2) for your organization if you do not already have one (not necessary to attend course).
- We will use Availity.com to file claims for FREE (based upon number of claims filed). Go to Availity.com and register. Once registered, contact Availity.com support and let them know you are a dentist filing medical claims and need access to file both MEDICAL and DENTAL. Otherwise, you will not be able to file medical claims through this portal. For those of you already using Availity for dental claims, you can skip registering and simply contact support as noted above. If you do not want to register for this site, it is still okay, and you can still learn how to file claims in the course.
- Collect Medical Cards: Ask every patient for a copy of their medical card. Simple verbiage is effective, such as, “Some of the treatment in the mouth may be covered by your medical insurance and reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.” Update your medical history forms to reflect that patients are giving you permission to file claims to both their dental and medical companies on their behalf.
- If virtual, please be prepared to be ON VIDEO and in a quiet place to ensure the best learning experience.
- You can attend this course even if you have not completed these items.
Do you offer any advanced courses?
Yes! Personalized on-site training in the comfort of your own office is available upon request. Contact us to learn more.