Professional Auxiliary Training has been serving the dental community by providing auxiliary training for medical billing in Chantilly, Virginia, since 2017. Dr. Tontra Lowe directs our school and leads our classes. Her military background gives her a history in teaching, which allows her to break down items for systematic consumption and clear understanding. Dr. Lowe uses analogies and real-world examples so that our students understand the content of our seminars and will not forget the lessons learned in our classes.
Our small class sizes allow us to really focus on our students and their learning capabilities. We include aspects of the medical billing process from a business perspective, and this allows our students to gain more knowledge and set themselves apart in their own dental practices.
Our seminars focus on accomplishing two goals:
- We talk about marketing to help build the students’ practices and be successful with billing.
- We also allow our students to complete claims on site and actually deal with treatments from their individual office so that they understand protocols and successfully complete an immediate ROI.
By completing these goals, we instill confidence in our students, which allows them to provide more effective care for their patients.
If you are interested in learning more about our seminars, we invite you to look through our frequently asked questions below and call 571-331-8949 for any additional inquiries.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for a course?
By navigating to the Seminar Registration tab on the website, you will find access to all courses that are currently available.
What payment methods can I use?
Payments are taken via a secure PayPal channel. You do not need to use PayPal to make a payment, as debit and credit options are available.
What is your refund policy?
You can cancel at any time, but please be aware of the specific processing time disclosures due to the logistics involved in hosting the course: 1) If you cancel 60 days before any course, a full refund is available. 2) Any cancelations between 45-59 days of the course are eligible for a 50% refund. 3) All cancelations after 45 days will not be eligible for a refund, but you may use the credit for a future course. You will have 90 days from the date of the modification to enroll in the alternate course, or you will forfeit any credit.
How do I know when classes are coming up?
The Seminar Registration page will display all available dates for courses. For class dates further in the future, please contact us individually.
Is there a limit on how many team members I can bring?
No there is not, but there is a limit on the number of students for the on-site courses. In order to make sure everyone has the attention they need to succeed, only 18 people max can enroll. Only 12 can attend the virtual course to maximize effectiveness and provide quality training.
Is there anything we need to do in preparation for the course?
Yes! Here is a list of items highly suggested to complete before you attend one of our classes:
- Credential with CAQH as a nonparticipating medical provider for commercial plans. As a dentist, this is done through the ADA® website found here.
- Establish a Facility NPI (Type 2) for your organization if you do not already have one (not necessary to attend course).
- We will use Availity.com to file claims for FREE (based upon number of claims filed). Go to Availity.com and register. Once registered, contact Availity.com support and let them know you are a dentist filing medical claims and need access to file both MEDICAL and DENTAL. Otherwise, you will not be able to file medical claims through this portal. For those of you already using Availity for dental claims, you can skip registering and simply contact support as noted above. If you do not want to register for this site, it is still okay, and you can still learn how to file claims in the course.
- Collect Medical Cards: Ask every patient for a copy of their medical card. Simple verbiage is effective, such as, “Some of the treatment in the mouth may be covered by your medical insurance and reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.” Update your medical history forms to reflect that patients are giving you permission to file claims to both their dental and medical companies on their behalf.
- If virtual, please be prepared to be ON VIDEO and in a quiet place to ensure the best learning experience.
- You can attend this course even if you have not completed these items.
Do you offer any advanced courses?
Yes! Personalized on-site training in the comfort of your own office is available upon request. Contact us to learn more.